The Victory Hall Balcombe is a Registered Charity and all income is used in the up-keep of this historic building and making improvements when deemed necessary. The Hall is managed by a Committee of unpaid volunteers. The Victory Hall was built in 1923 as a memorial to Balcombe men who had fought in the 1914-18 World War. It was a practical way to remember their contribution to village life survival and a visual reminder by a series of accomplished frescoes on War and Peace around the Hall.
The Main Hall has a side Kitchen area and Modern Toilet facilities for both male and female with separate cubicle for less able persons. This Toilet includes baby changing facilities. . Broad steps with handrails, make good access in the front of the hall, or a small ramp to a side door from the car park provides wheelchair access and welcome for the less able.
Venue suitable for the following….
– Wedding Receptions / Private Parties for both adults and children
– Musical Entertainment by Disco or live Groups or solo artists performing on stage
– Group Meetings of up to 160 persons( seated)
– Educational / Adult Classes/ gymnastics/ keep fit / Dance practice
– Lectures using Professional Sound system
– Displays / Exhibitions / Craft Fairs / Jumble sales
– Theatrical Performances
– Badminton / Recreational Games
– Social meetings where the Bar and Club may be used.
Contacts – Jacki Burke or Sarah Burke for hiring and pre-booking arrangements
Tel : 01444 811266 or email@example.com
If you wish to learn more about the history attached to the Hall, please contact our booking secretary who will be pleased to arrange an individual or group lecture in return for a donation to our funds.
We welcome donations and bequests to ensure that this building can be maintained to a standard for future generations.